Done some updates.
WASD and ALAMODE – which is related to WASD – have been upgraded to the latest version: 11.3, which includes OpenSSL 1.1.1a – and by that, TLS 1.3.
No issues here except that once again, the server wasn’t stopped when I restarted WASD. I created a small script that takes care of stopping the current server and start the new one – once the files are copied to the right directory; WASD upgrade does this, but ALAMODE needed to be relocated by hand: of course, now part of this script.
Second, I did an upgrade of the current theme (twenty-seventeen) and installed a plugin to have some control over the layout; I could do the same by changing the CSS file but this plugin offers more flexibility and control – and changes the right things. At least, once payed a (small) fee. However, done that causes the server to crash on one position in system space, though the virtual address is different; Also it happens in different scripts. This is an older version of PHP, maybe that could cause the problem – seen how a newer version behaves (7.2 will be installed as well, nice test).
But the seven day trial seemed to have done the job also. Tomorrow I’ll try PHP 7.2 (found the reason why other versions didn’t work because of “ident mismatch”…), it should work, and improve performance because it caches pages. We’ll see. If the problem with the plug-in is not solved, I’ll ask a refund.
And WordPress 5.0 has arrived – time to give it a try first.
Just the usual
No surprises – except that the number of emails given by the reporting script seems a bit low:
PMAS statistics for November
Total messages : 3032 = 100.0 o/o
DNS Blacklisted : 0 = .0 o/o (Files: 0)
Relay attempts : 515 = 16.9 o/o (Files: 30)
Accepted by PMAS : 2517 = 83.0 o/o (Files: 30)
Handled by explicit rule
Rejected : 1853 = 73.6 o/o (processed), 61.1 o/o (all)
Accepted : 134 = 5.3 o/o (processed), 4.4 o/o (all)
Handled by content
Discarded : 306 = 12.1 o/o (processed), 10.0 o/o (all)
Quarantained : 188 = 7.4 o/o (processed), 6.2 o/o (all)
Delivered : 36 = 1.4 o/o (processed), 1.1 o/o (all)
No idea why – perhaps last reboot has to do with it.
Apart from thet, just the usual relay- attempts, by”someone”@grootersnet.nl to firstname.lastname@example.org
5-NOV-2018 09:05:48.34 to 09:10:07.29 (230) from 184.108.40.206
23-NOV-2018 14:12:24.43 to 14:18:10.86 (234) from 220.127.116.11
There is something in the firewall that still allows these addresses (from Hostwinds.com) to the server. I have blocked them but I must have missed something…
Since Mark Daniel mentioned a new version of WASD (11.3), this will be installed some time this weekend. It may also be the moment to get on with later versions of PHP, but that will be after the update proved to be Ok.
And, as you will have noted, I changed theme :). Some updates will be done as well (an update, adding a few plugins to customize (and emove obsolete ones).
WP 5.0 is due to be released but I’ll test it before updating the blogs – there are quite a few changes in maintaining them.